Utthita Trikonasana (Extended Triangle Pose). Source: canva
Utthita Trikonasana is a standing, sideways bending pose. As you do that pose, you could really feel the higher grip of your ft on the ground in order that it’s practiced as a primary pose earlier than different standing poses. Physically, the arms, backbone, sides of the physique, thighs, thighs and calf muscular tissues are stretched.
Utthita means an extended stretch. Trikonasana is a mix of two phrases Trikona and Asana. Tricon defines a form with a complete of three corners, i.e. H. A triangle, and asana means a posture or pose.
In the ultimate place of Utthita Trikonasana, our physique form consists of a number of triangles, that are made up of our prolonged place of fingers and ft. So it’s known as the prolonged triangle pose. Each triangle shaped on this pose embodies growth, steadiness, and focus.
Utthita Trikonasana shouldn’t be that completely different from Trikonasana by way of process and look. There is just one identify distinction between the 2 primarily based on the yoga college they belong to. So typically Utthita Trikonasana known as "Trikonasana" or just "Triangle Pose".
In the historical past
Trikonasana was first described by T. Krishnamacharya within the 20th century. It was later talked about in his 1934 guide Yoga Makaranda.
If we return somewhat within the historical past of yoga, we discover that Trikonasana comes from Hatha Yoga, which relies on the union of the alternative and relies on the precept of the union of the divine masculine with the female.
Like Hatha Yoga, Utthita Trikona extends in two reverse instructions, expands the core and is steady within the optimum growth of the physique. From a distance it might appear to be a mountain forming a big triangle, however in case you look carefully you will see that a number of triangles forming via the physique.
Utthita Trikonasana Exercise Manual
Before doing Utthita Trikonasana, undergo the next factors
(Extended triangle pose).
Precautions and Contraindications
- If you could have hypertension, don’t elevate your arms whereas doing a triangle pose.
- Do not bend ahead within the triangle pose. The extension of the physique ought to solely be performed laterally.
- Do not pressure your neck whereas wanting up at your prolonged fingers.
- The knees might damage when working towards Utthita Trikonasana for a very long time or firstly. So use props with some modification to keep away from this at first.
- If you could have had a spinal disc / again, neck or knee damage or an operation, don’t use Trikonasana.
How To Do Utthita Trikonasana (Steps)
- Tadasana fingers stretch sideways – Come over your mat. Stand up straight and assume the mountain pose. Take a deep breath and unfold each ft as far aside as doable to kind a triangle between your legs. Raise each arms to shoulder top, stretch them out aspect by aspect, palms going through down, and maintain them parallel to the ground. Feel the stretch in your shoulder blades and arms.
- Rotate and align your ft – Point your left foot barely on prime of your proper foot (about 20-25 levels) and rotate your proper foot outwards in the direction of your prolonged proper arm. Rotate your proper thigh collectively together with your foot in the direction of your outstretched proper hand. The heels of each ft ought to be on the identical imaginary line.
- Bend sideways – Now bend your physique from the hip joint and place your proper hand on the ground. If you may't contact the ground, you may simply attempt touching your ankle, shin, and even your knee. (You can take a block and put your hand on the block as a substitute of the ground). Do not lean ahead. Bend your proper fingers to the aspect.
- Now level your left hand in the direction of the sky. Make certain that your shoulder blades are aligned and in a straight line. Look up on the outstretched fingertips. This is the ultimate place of the Utthita Trikonasana Pose, maintain the place right here.
Remain within the pose for not less than 30 to 50 seconds.
When you could have completed a web page, do it in the identical means on the left for a similar time interval. Then inhale and are available again in a side-hand place.
Props & Modifications
utthita trikonasana modifications on the block
The triangle pose could be practiced with a block for freshmen who can not attain their ankles or the ground.
- Place a block subsequent to the prolonged leg and modify it later wherever your fingers can attain it.
- If you retain shedding your steadiness, you should utilize a wall brace whereas working towards the bending place.
By altering the hand orientation within the base triangle pose, the next variations could be practiced.
1. Baddha Trikonasana
baddha trikonasana. Source: canva
Baddha trikonasana is a complicated variant of utthita trikonasana. It provides the chest a deep stretch by opening the shoulders with the assistance of arms wrapped across the torso.
2. Utthita Trikonasana hand stretched to the aspect
utthita trikonasana hand stretched sideways. Source: canva
It is an easy variant of utthita trikonasana that offers the aspect torso a pleasant and lengthening stretch. This variant is extra appropriate for folks with hypertension.
2. Utthita Trikonasana hand stretched backwards
utthita trikonasana variation hand again. Source: canva
This variant is a preparatory step of Baddha trikonasana because it tightens the shoulder joint and will increase its vary of movement.
Utthita Trikonasana advantages
- Utthita trikonasana is extraordinarily helpful for chest and shoulder growth. It is sweet for rising lung capability.
- It is excellent for dropping pounds and enhancing digestion. It will increase the circulate of digestive juices within the abdomen.
- Regular follow of the prolonged triangle pose will increase the power of the thighs, knees and ankles.
- It is sweet for the physique's blood circulation.
- This asana is sweet for these affected by stress and anxiousness
This is sweet for rising steadiness and focus.
- This asana is sweet for opening the guts chakra (growth of
Chest, chest cavity, arms), sacral chakra (as that is meditative
Pose That Helps Improve Concentration Facing the Hand)
and root chakra (stretching of the tailbone, legs, thighs, hamstrings, calves).