Image supply: Canva
Nakrasana is a complicated pose of Asthanga Yoga during which Chaturanga Dandasana meets the dynamic physique actions.
It is a restorative sort of yoga pose carried out within the susceptible place. Nakrasana includes dynamic actions that require steadiness and energy.
The belly muscle mass are stretched along with the chest, shoulder, neck and backbone. It leaves calming results on the nervous system and has a rejuvenating impact.
Meaning and interpretation
Nakrasana is a Sanskrit phrase with two fundamental phrases: "Nakar" means "crocodile" and "Asana" is "pose".
Here the practitioner's physique resembles the crocodile and its actions because it chases after its prey, so known as the crocodile pose.
It is carried out by lifting the physique from the susceptible place and balancing it on the palms and toes. This is adopted by a leap ahead just like the lunges of a crocodile chasing its prey.
Nakrasana follow handbook
Precautions and Contraindications
- Do not follow nakrasana throughout being pregnant, HBP, and neck or again accidents.
- People with an exaggerated lumbar curve must also keep away from nakrasana.
- Do not stress the physique whereas holding the pose to completely really feel the comfort.
- Lie in your susceptible place face down.
- Place your palms in your sides and maintain your elbows bent.
- Spread your legs aside, protecting them a foot aside.
- Exhale, lifting your physique off the ground, protecting solely your palms and toes on the ground.
- Balance the physique in your palms and toes and keep there for a couple of breaths.
- As you exhale, raise your palms and legs off the ground whereas diving one foot ahead.
- Again, maintain the place in your palms and toes and breathe a couple of instances.
- Repeat ahead dives 4-5 instances, holding the place for a couple of breaths after every lunge.
- Then reverse the motion by leaping backwards as you exhale.
- Continue driving till you’ve got reached the beginning place.
- Bring your physique down on the ground along with your palms by your aspect.
- Put your suitcase on the ground and calm down.
Tips for rookies
- Do not go to sleep whereas holding the pose as this is perhaps a newbie tendency. It is as a result of it’s a rest asana that’s carried out on the finish of the yoga session.
- Yoga block – Perform nakrasana by inserting a yoga block below your head. Put your palms over it, then stack your head on high of it. This helps in sustaining the peak of your head.
Follow up poses
- Bow pose (Dhanurasana)
- Corpsing (Shavasana)
- Camel Pose (Ushtrasana)
- Child Pose (Balasana)
- Lower crocodile place After attaining nakrasana, increase your legs by bending your knees and pulling your heels in direction of you. Extend your arms and attempt to raise your higher physique.
- Locust Pose- From nakrasana, lengthen your arms ahead and maintain them straight. Pull your ground on the ground along with your ears parallel to your arms and let your palms face one another. Finally, raise your legs off the ground at an angle of 60 °. Hold the final pose.
- You may also follow nakrasana by inserting your palms on reverse shoulders and inserting your head between your arms and your chest.
1. Rejuvenates the physique
Nakrasana helps to calm down the shoulders and backbone and relieve your complete physique. By stress-free and loosening any tight knots within the physique, fatigue is relieved and the practitioner is rejuvenated.
2. Heals lung ailments
The pose includes deep sluggish respiratory. It improves the effectivity and capability of the lungs. This helps treatment lung circumstances like bronchial asthma. Patients affected by continual obstructive pulmonary illness (COPD) obtain remedial measures by means of Nakrasana.
3. Sacral activation
The pose includes the hip flexion, which contracts the muscle mass across the sacrum. Thus, it additionally stimulates the sacrum and makes respiratory simpler all through the backbone. It helps in eradicating all blockages.
4. Improves digestion
Nakrasana is practiced within the susceptible place with deep respiratory. It massages the belly organs and improves the functioning of the digestive system. Also useful in curing constipation.
5. Overcome stress and nervousness
This stress-free posture has a relaxing impact on the mind. It prompts the parasympathetic nervous system, which prevents stress, nervousness and psychological issues.
6. Maintains blood stress
The pose stimulates diaphragmatic respiratory by activating the diaphragmatic muscle mass. It regulates blood circulate and oxygen uptake. It brings blood stress below management and reduces the stress on the center.
7. Therapeutic impact
Nakrasana is helpful in therapeutic spinal issues. It cures herniated discs, spondylitis, and sciatica. It retains the physician away from again ache or stiffness of the decrease again.
Start practising Nakrasana to really feel rejuvenated and refreshed all through the day. Include this superior pose in your train routine to benefit from the assorted well being advantages it presents the physician.