Image supply: Canva
Krounchasana is a novel change from Paschimottanasana. It is a complicated sitting posture that features the weather Ardha Virasana and Janu Sirsasana.
In order to get into Krounchasana, the Yogi has to achieve Ardha Virasana with a vertically raised, stretched leg drawn in the direction of the face.
It presents an intense stretch of the again, hips and all leg muscle mass. It additionally elongates the backbone and strengthens the core.
Krounchasana is a Sanskrit identify that shall be higher understood if one digs up the basis phrases. Here "krouncha" refers to "heron" and "asana" is "pose", which explains its English identify, i.e. H. Heron husbandry.
Krauncha is a mountain peak referred to as the grandson of the Himalayas. The mythological viewpoint is that there was as soon as a battle between Lord Kartikeya and the demon Tarakasura.
Mount Krauncha supported Tarakasura no matter his evil deeds to show his friendship. This indignant Kartikeya and he pierced the Krauncha with anger.
Mount Kraucha's biased (asymmetrical) choice brought about it to lose its integrity. It reveals the significance of discovering a stability and analyzing between proper and incorrect whereas transferring.
This story is much like that KrounchasanaThe pose is about discovering stability or stability whereas an asymmetrical stretch of the legs happens. The prolonged leg in Krounchasana additionally resembles the abyss and is subsequently related to the identify Mount Krauncha.
Krounchasana train handbook
Krounchasana modifications with assist
Precautions and Contraindications
- Avoid Krounchasana when you injure your ankles, knees, or hips.
- It ought to be skipped throughout menstruation.
- If you will have again ache or accidents, a modified model (see beneath) ought to be tried.
- While holding the prolonged leg together with your palms, guarantee that your again stays upright. Bending ahead and pulling the leg inward should not lose the integrity of the again.
- Downward Facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- Hero Pose (Virasana)
- Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana)
- Head-to-knee pose (Janu Sirsasana)
- Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana)
- Come over your mat and sit in Dandasana.
- Pull your proper foot again by bending on the knee, i.e. H. Ardha virasana.
- Place your proper foot subsequent to your proper hip joint in order that the inside proper calf touches the outer proper thigh.
- Keep your knees collectively.
- Exhale, bend your left knee and maintain your left foot together with your palms.
- Extend the leg vertically upwards and preserve your again straight and breathe usually.
- As you exhale, pull your head and torso in the direction of your left leg.
- At the identical time, pull your outstretched leg in the direction of you and grasp your proper wrist together with your left hand.
- Keep your chin in your left knee.
- Hold the pose for 20-30 seconds and take a deep breath.
Let go of the pose
- Inhale and convey your head and trunk again into middle.
- Lower your left leg and gently soften the knee.
- Let go of your palms and stretch each legs ahead.
Repeat the steps for the alternate facet for a similar time. Finally, loosen up in Dandasana.
Follow up poses
- Marichyasana I (Marichi's Pose)
- Seated Wide Angle Pose (Upavistha Konasana)
- Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana)
Modifications and props
Krounchasana modifications with yoga wheel. Image supply: Canva
Use the props beneath to assist keep stability in Krounchasana.
- Yoga block – If you can not discover stability whereas sitting together with your leg bent, sit on a block. Placing a block below your hips places much less stress on the bent knee and makes the pose simpler.
- Yoga strap – The harness turns out to be useful when you possibly can't attain your foot whereas straightening it together with your again straight. Wrap the strap across the again of the prolonged foot. When lifting your leg, maintain the harness as a substitute of greedy your foot.
- Chair and belt – Stand a chair in entrance of you and use a strap to lift your leg to your most restrict. Now, take assist from the sting of the chair and contact the raised calf to keep up the elevate.
- A easy variation on Krounchasana might be to maintain the raised leg off the thigh or the calf, whichever fits you. Give it a strive if it appears tough to achieve your foot.
- You could really feel further stress in your knee whereas sitting within the half hero pose. If so, strive practising the asana by bending your knee and twisting it outward to the touch the ground. The heel of the bent leg rests subsequent to the prolonged thigh. Then comply with the opposite steps to elevate the straight leg vertically.
- Rotating Egret Pose- In this variant, after lifting your proper leg together with your palms, carry your proper hand as a substitute of your left and over your heel. Rotate your torso and take your left hand thumb down towards the skin fringe of the foot. In the final pose, your head is between your arms.
1. Stretches the muscle mass
Herons are an intense asana that stretches the again and leg muscle mass. The muscle mass of the hips and hamstrings are concerned within the deep stretch together with the entrance of the ankles.
This promotes blood circulation in these areas and maintains the elasticity and energy of the muscle mass.
2. Benefits for the center
In Krounchasana, the leg is held in a raised place together with respiration. This pose helps elevate your chest and stimulates the center. Therefore, it helps in light coaching of the center, improves its effectivity and prevents coronary heart illness.
3. Tones the stomach organs
Krounchasana entails stimulating the core muscle mass. It massages and tones the stomach organs. This strengthens the core and helps with correct digestion.
This pose helps eliminate gasoline and irritable bowel syndrome.
4. Relax the thoughts
Leaning ahead and bending your toes along with respiration opens the psychological blocks. It will get in your nerves a way of stability and management. This helps in eliminating any psychological stress or nervousness.
5. Cures flat ft
The heron pose has a therapeutic impact on the deformity of the leg pose. Because one leg stays bent, the highest foot rests on the ground. It retains the foot naturally arched. Hence, it helps to appropriate the flat foot.
6. Increases willpower
Krounchasana additionally has energetic advantages because it stimulates the Manipura chakra. This strengthens the practitioner's confidence and willpower.