Image supply: Canva
Bitilasana, the cow pose, is a warm-up pose of the backbone, which is all the time practiced with its counter pose Marjariasana (cat pose). The mixed pose is called the cat-cow stretch.
It is carried out in a kneeling place, which gently flexes the backbone. The contraction motion on this pose focuses on stretching the neck, backbone, and hip flexors.
Bitilasana is carried out by getting right into a desk place, adopted by stretching the neck and backbone with deep respiration. The abs are additionally actively concerned whereas holding the pose.
Bitilasana that means
In Sanskrit, Bitila means cow, asana pose. When Bitilasana combines each, it means cow husbandry.
This pose is named "Bitilasana – the cow pose" as a result of the final step on this pose is to place the practitioner's physique in what appears just like the limbs of a stretching cow. Imagine a cow standing on its 4 ft. The legs and arms kind 4 ft of a cow, and the arched stomach types the cow's torso.
It ought to be famous right here; Cow face pose (Gomukhasana) is a hip opener sitting pose, whereas the cow pose is a kneeling stretch pose. Both share the similarity with the cow, however their results and procedures are fully completely different.
The cow pose is a mild yoga warm-up pose that improves flexibility, blood circulation, and mind-set. The stretched backbone calms the thoughts and calms the nervous system.
Bitilasana train guide
Follow these directions under to follow cow husbandry safely.
Image supply: Canva
Precautions and Contraindications
- Don't follow when you’ve got a neck damage.
- If you will have a weak neck, keep away from placing pressure on the neck and as a substitute look ahead.
- Avoid Bitilasana when you’ve got a nasty knee.
- People with carpal tunnel syndrome or ganglion cyst must be cautious with this pose.
Bitilasana is a mild warm-up pose in itself. It is healthier should you follow Viparita Karani Mudra, or Legs-on-the-Wall Pose, earlier than stepping into it.
How To Do Bitilasana (Steps)
Image supply: Canva
- From Tadasana, get on all fours in a desk place.
- Bring your knees below your hips and wrists below your shoulders.
- Let your head grasp neutrally and hold your eyes on the ground.
- Inhale and elevate your buttocks to the ceiling, straightening your chest down.
- Close your eyes, elevate your head, and let your abdomen drop to the ground with an arched again.
- Hold the pose for a number of seconds.
- Exhale, convey your head in the direction of the middle, and calm down your backbone.
- Another posture follows within the circulate. As you exhale, pull your chin in the direction of your chest and arch your again upwards. This is Marjariasana (Bidalasana).
- Continue these two actions by stretching your backbone by lifting your head and arching your backbone and pulling your chin towards your chest 5-6 occasions.
- Then return to the desk pose and calm down within the little one pose.
Tips for newcomers
- Keep your shoulder blades vast and away out of your ears as you twist your neck.
- Do not put extreme pressure on the throat whereas performing Bitilasana.
Follow up poses
Balasana is performed as a counter place to this deep stretching pose.
You can embrace these variations in your Bitilasana follow:
- Bitilasana with one leg up – After reaching the ultimate pose in Bitilasana, you may elevate one leg off the ground. Keep your knee bent and level your toes up. Now rigorously convey your alternate hand to know the raised foot.
This variant of Bitilasana is named Vyaghrasana (Tiger Pose).
- Bitilasana leaned ahead – After reaching the pose, transfer your palms ahead and produce your chest and chin to the ground. Keep your buttocks as much as the ceiling.
1. Offers flexibility
Bitiliasana stretches the muscle mass of the backbone, neck stomach and hips. The core muscle mass are additionally actively concerned on this pose, which will increase energy and endurance. The muscle mass of the arms and wrist are additionally stimulated. It makes these muscle mass versatile and robust.
2. Strengthens the backbone
Bitilasana is principally a pose of spinal motion. In addition to stretching the neck muscle mass, the backbone can be lengthened to the crown. It improves blood circulation within the backbone, making it stronger.
In addition, as a consequence of its perform of relieving extreme stress within the backbone, cow husbandry is appropriate for working towards throughout being pregnant. Pregnant ladies can follow it in any respect levels of being pregnant to alleviate again ache.
3. Improves metabolism
Bitilasana stimulated the adrenal glands and on the similar time stimulated the inner organs. It improves metabolism, maintains hormone secretion. This advantages the physique internally in the long run.
4. Better digestion
The belly muscle mass are stimulated whereas holding the pose. You are gently massaged and the digestive organs are activated by improved blood circulation. This helps in bettering digestion.
5. Influences vitality chakras
This primary perspective has a lot to supply that the routes concerned additionally activate the three chakras. When the stomach, navel and neck are deeply stretched, the photo voltaic plexus, the basis chakra and the throat chakra are activated.
7. Remedies for sciatica
Bitilasana stretches and strengthens the backbone. It additionally improves the pliability of the hips. Hence, again ache like sciatica is healed and prevented by this asana.
8. Relieves psychological problems
By strengthening the backbone, the mind additionally receives an elevated quantity of oxygen. It removes the psychological blocks, sand calms the nervous system. It reduces stress, stress and promotes wholesome sleep.