Image supply: Canva
In Hindu Vedic rituals, hearth (Agni) and its protocols (Stambha) created a spot for prayers and choices that join Vedic individuals with a better energy. The hearth log yoga pose has the identical religious essence as its therapeutic makes use of for sciatic ache.
Fire Log Pose aka Agnistambhasana is a complicated degree of yoga posture. It is carried out in a sitting place and varieties an important a part of the Hip opening collection.
The pose is about stacking the alternate heel above the knee and knee above the heel. Then, bend ahead from the groin to keep up the integrity of your entire backbone.
Agnistambhasana which means
"Agnistambhasana" is the Sanskrit title for this pose. Here "Agni" refers to "fire", "Stambha" means "pillars" or "wood". In English it is called the firewood pose or the burning wooden pose.
In the ultimate place of Agnistambhasana, the stacking of the legs resembles a pair of logs of firewood stacked on high of one another. The seeker additionally feels a burning sensation on the hips and pelvis whereas performing the pose, therefore the title.
The place of each legs stacking the ankles to an alternate knee on this pose is just like the leg place within the pigeon pose. Hence additionally it is named as Double pigeon preserving, Ankle-knee posture.
Fire protocol pose symbolic interpretation
The pose is known as after the fireplace, the purest or purest factor. Just as hearth is used to purify gold, Agnistambhasana can also be used to purify the physique by releasing the stress trapped within the joints.
Fire Protocol Poses Exercise Guide
Image supply: Canva
Precautions and Contraindications
- Allow enough time to heat up the physique, particularly the hips, psoas, and groin space, earlier than working towards the fireplace log pose.
- Avoid arching your again and bending over the groin as you fold ahead.
- Do not attempt to preserve your knees on the ground or bend ahead past your limits.
- Do not do agnistambhasana when the decrease again, hips, or ankles are injured.
- It is beneficial for individuals who have a knee damage or arthritis.
How To Do A Fire Log Pose (Steps)
- Sit in entrance of you together with your legs straight in Dandasana.
- Lift your left knee barely off the ground and pull your left heel towards you.
- Bend your proper leg on the knee and place your proper foot beneath your left knee.
- Keep the sting of your proper foot parallel to the sting of the mat.
- Now place your left heel over your proper knee.
- Sit excessive and preserve an erect again.
- Bring your fingers in entrance of your legs.
- Keep respiration, shifting your fingertips ahead so far as you may.
- As you progress ahead, you’ll want to fold ahead out of your groin, not your abdomen.
- Hold this place for 30-60 seconds.
- Inhale and slowly deliver your fingers in the direction of you and return to the middle.
- Now swap your leg place and repeat the steps above.
- Then let go of your legs and calm down in Dandasana.
Tips for inexperienced persons
- If it appears tough to stack one leg on high of the opposite, you may simply obtain agnistambhasana by sitting in sukhasana.
- Rotating your thigh outward on the hip joints earlier than leaning ahead will loosen the hips.
Follow up poses
- Folded Blanket – Practice agnistambasana whereas sitting on a block together with your pelvis tilting backwards. This will increase the pelvic area and avoids forwards and backwards forwards and backwards.
- Blocks – Place yoga blocks between the ankle of the decrease leg and the knee of the higher leg. This doesn’t put any strain on the hips and nonetheless opens them up. You may also put one other block in entrance of your decrease shin in order that the higher ankle rests on it. This prevents injuring the ankles and stacks the shins.
Image supply: Canva
- Agnistambhasana variation 1– From Dandasana, bend one leg on the knee and place the respective foot on the choice thigh. Put your fingers on the ground subsequent to you. Take 2 breaths and swap legs to repeat the pose.
- Agnistambhasana leans ahead– After attaining agnistambhasana, preserve leaning by bringing your elbows to the ground. Spread your palms aside and produce your head to the ground.
- Agnistambhasana Variation Forward Bend– From agnistambhasana, deliver your elbows to the ground. Now join your palms together with your fingers pointing ahead and focus your gaze on the ground.
- Agnistambhasana twist – Take the left leg because the decrease leg in agnistambhasana and produce your proper arm behind your tailbone. At the identical time, place your left hand subsequent to your left foot and twist your higher physique.
1. Increases flexibility
Sitting on this place places strain on the hips, knees, and hamstrings. It expands these muscle tissue and helps enhance their elasticity. Increased flexibility prevents additional muscle accidents.
This additionally improves blood move and meals consumption within the muscle tissue concerned. This in flip strengthens the groin space, glutes and different muscle tissue.
2. Reduces fats
The decrease physique is actively concerned on this asana. The strain utilized to the decrease physique retains muscle tissue taut by burning off extra physique fats.
3. Improves digestion
The belly organs additionally expertise strain whereas holding the pose. It results in the manufacturing of the stress hormone, which stimulates the effectivity of the digestive system.
It has therapeutic results on indigestion by enhancing bowel actions.
4. Improves sexual well being
The prevention concerned in agnistambhasana engages the pelvic space. It stretches the groin space and the reproductive organs. This will increase the blood move to those organs and stimulates sexual efficiency.
5. Heals again ache
The again is saved upright all through the follow. This will pressurize and stretch your entire backbone, making it versatile. It finally helps to alleviate the ache within the decrease again.
6. Make use of the nervous system
While performing agnistambhasana, the backbone is prolonged straight from the crown of the pinnacle. This is practiced together with rhythmic respiration. This improves the move of oxygen and blood to the mind and calms the nervous system.
This calming impact improves the power to pay attention. It can also be useful for eliminating stress, nervousness, and different psychological issues.
7. Stimulates the sacral chakra
Agnistambhasana stimulates the pelvic zone and the pranic motion opens the sacral chakra. It promotes creativity, lifts the emotional state and strengthens the mind.