Image supply: Shutterstock
Kaki Mudra is an elixir in these unprecedented occasions of COVID-19 when everyone seems to be on the lookout for methods to enhance immunity.
Kaki Mudra aka Raven's Beak Gesture is likely one of the Mana Mudras. Mana mudras are the meditative yoga mudras during which sensory organs resembling eyes, nostril, ears, tongue and lips are mixed.
Aside from being a mudra, it is vitally much like respiratory workout routines like sitali and sitkari pranayama. Hence typically additionally known as Kaki Mudra Pranayama.
Practicing the kaki mudra requires a bit of extra effort than the hasta mudra. It is achieved by inhaling by means of the pursed lips after which exhaling by means of the nostrils. This is practiced with a view of the tip of the nostril (Nasikagra Drishti).
The inside advantages you derive from kaki mudra are quite a few. The exterior glow that’s naturally mirrored on the pores and skin can be a bonus for persimmon mudra practitioners.
Meaning and interpretation
The time period "kaki" comes from Sanskrit and refers to "crow". Mudra is outlined as a "gesture". Its practitioner is rewarded with longevity, which can be related to crows, therefore the title.
Mudra can be practiced by twisting the mouth, which mimics a crow's beak. Hence additionally it is known as the crow's invoice gesture.
Kaki Mudra is useful for a disease-free life. However, you will need to know the professionals and cons of kaki yoga mudra.
How to do kaki mudra
- Sit in a meditative posture resembling sukhasana, padmasana, and so forth., or in a chair along with your head and backbone upright.
- Put your fingers in your knees in both Jnana Mudra.
- Keeping your eyes closed will chill out your complete physique for a couple of minutes.
- Open your eyes and deal with the tip of your nostril with out blinking to achieve Nasikagra Drishti.
- Rinse your lips to offer the mouth a tube-like construction and attract air.
- Inhale slowly and deeply by means of the rounded lips and hold the tongue relaxed.
- Now shut your lips and breathe out by means of your nostrils.
- Repeat the method for 3-5 minutes.
Contraindications and Precautions
It is vital to apply kaki mudra whereas preserving all of those security precautions in thoughts.
- In distinction to Sitali Pranayama, solely lips are pursed in Kaki Mudra, the tongue needs to be relaxed within the mouth.
- Do not apply on despair or low blood strain.
- Do not do this mudra when you have power constipation.
- People with glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy have to keep away from this.
- Avoid kaki mudra when you have just lately had eye surgical procedure.
- Only attain Nasikagra Drishti when you have practiced it beforehand.
- Avoid working towards in chilly climate or in polluted areas.
- Keep your eyes open whereas holding the mudra with out straining your eyes.
Time to apply
- It is finest to apply persimmon mudra both early within the morning or earlier than bedtime.
- Start working towards for 2-5 minutes and regularly improve the time as your physique will get used to the apply.
- It helps in cooling the physique, so it’s endorsed as a counterbreathing train after pranayama has been heated.
Persimmon mudra variant
There is one other methodology of working towards kaki mudra for higher breath retention.
In this modified model, join the fingertips of each fingers and convey the thumbs to shut the corresponding nostrils. Inhale by means of your mouth as described above and maintain your breath by enjoyable your lips. Then launch your breath by means of the nostrils and take away your thumbs.
Kaki Mudra advantages
1. Improves digestion
By inhaling by means of pursed lips, the sucked in air comes into contact with the oral membranes. It will increase salivary secretion and likewise stimulates the higher digestive tract.
This promotes the secretion of digestive hormones, viz. Pepsin, gastrin and hydrochloric acid. Hence helpful in enhancing digestion.
2. Tones the face
The facial muscular tissues are educated whereas holding Kaki Mudra. It strengthens the facial muscular tissues and prevents indicators of getting old resembling wrinkles. It can be helpful in relieving blemishes and making the pores and skin agency and glowing.
3. Heals respiratory ailments
Kaki Mudra is a type of managed respiratory apply that strengthens the respiratory system. It improves lung capability and strengthens the airways.
People who’ve power lung ailments resembling bronchospasm, hyperinflated lungs, hyperventilation, and so forth.
4. Calms the nervous system
Due to the managed respiratory apply within the kaki mudra, the physique experiences cooling results. This relaxes the physique and calms the mind, relieving the stress on the nervous system.
Hence, individuals who expertise panic assaults steadily may also apply kaki mudra as a therapeutic apply.
5. Stimulates the throat chakra
While working towards this mudra, air is drawn in by means of the mouth. It prompts the throat chakra. This finally improves the effectivity of the thyroid gland.
6. Boosts immunity
Because Kaki Mudra stimulates the thyroid, it regulates the secretion of thyroid and parathyroid hormones. These hormones are primarily liable for metabolism and enhancing the immune system. Thus, it helps in boosting the physique's immunity.
7. Heals hypertension
Kaki Mudra improves blood circulation within the physique. Its coolant respiratory impact balances out Pitta and has a relieving impact on sufferers with hypertension.
Practice kaki mudra constantly together with common pranayama workout routines to attain the rejuvenating results on the physique. In addition to cleansing your mouth, gums, and the whole digestive tract, it’s identified to stimulate style buds.
Hence, Kaki Mudra revitalizes the human physique by selling total well being and letting you reside absolutely.