Natrajasana is a swish yoga motion to enhance stability and posture. It is attributed as a religious observe that includes devotion and hope and prepares the practitioner to know life clearly.
It is carried out standing on one leg and subsequently requires energy and stability. The spinal muscle mass are stretched and bent backwards. The bending again and the extreme stretching actions make holding a difficult pose. Hence, it’s an intermediate stage pose.
To get into the pose, the physique have to be balanced on one leg whereas the opposite leg is raised and bent on the knee. The raised leg is pulled behind the physique with the suitable hand and pulls the foot in the direction of the top. The different arm can be raised to shoulder peak to succeed in up when leaning ahead.
It targets the backbone, hip, leg and arm muscle mass. Apart from that, it strengthens the core muscle mass, opens the chest and improves flexibility.
Natarajasana that means
Natarajasana consists of three primary phrases that denote the posture. Here "Nata" means "dancer", "Raja" is "King" or "Lord" and "Asana" refers to "Pose".
Shiva was also referred to as the Lord of the Dance and was known as Nataraja, therefore the pose is devoted to him, therefore the identify.
It is broadly identified by the English names Dancer Pose, Lord of the Dance Pose or King Dancer Pose.
Not solely is that this a yogic posture, however it is usually carried out as a motion within the classical Indian dance Bharatanatyam.
Symbolic illustration of natarajasna
In addition to grace, Shiva additionally stands for liberation from fears. Performing Katarajasana is all about difficult your consolation zone by overcoming the fears.
In this observe the yogi is meant to problem stability by holding the posture in a single leg at a time. At the identical time, the gesture contains bending again. These two forces deliver with them the worry of falling, however will be overcome by opening the center after which bending again.
Katarajasana is about mastering the challenges gracefully and thereby bettering willpower and focus in an effort to discover stability.
Natarajasana train guide
- Avoid this posture you probably have an damage to your leg, groin, hips, or shoulders.
- Arthritis victims have to keep away from this pose.
- People that suffer from extreme again ache, herniated discs or the bulging disc should keep away from this asana.
- Only observe the modified model you probably have a nasty stability.
- Do not observe you probably have sacroiliac ache.
- Avoid it you probably have low blood stress.
- People with carpal tunnel syndrome have to chorus from this pose.
Practice these primary postures to enhance stability whereas standing on one leg and bending backwards. These poses present flexibility to the physique that may ultimately put together you for Natrajasana.
How to do Natarajasana
- Stand in Tadasana and stay up for a gentle level.
- Shift your weight onto your left leg, bend your proper knee, and bend your proper foot again.
- Hold your proper large toe together with your proper thumb, index finger, and center finger.
- Keep your left leg straight and firmly on the ground.
- Rotate your proper shoulder to deliver your elbow up and pull your proper foot towards your head.
- At the identical time, elevate your left arm on the shoulder, dealing with ahead.
- Extend your backbone and left arm to lean ahead and attain up.
- Connect the tip of the index finger and the thumb of the left hand to type Jnana Mudra.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds and take a deep breath, conserving your eyes on the fingers of your left hand.
- Lower your left arm to at least one aspect and drop your proper foot on the ground.
- Relax for a couple of seconds in Tadasana.
- Repeat on the opposite aspect.
- Do not rotate the corresponding hip whereas lifting your foot and pulling it backwards.
- Do not lock or over-bend the knee of the standing leg whereas holding the pose. When you activate the quadriceps muscle mass, the knee will stay delicate.
Follow up poses
After the Natrajasana, calm down the backbone, shoulders, legs and arms and carry out the next poses and stretches. Before stress-free, transfer your legs and kick off your knees to activate the leg muscle mass. Rotate your shoulders, chest, and arms.
- Standing half ahead bend (ardha uttanasana)
- Bowing Yoga Mudra
- Wild Child Pose (Parasarita Balasana)
Props and modifications
- Natarajasana with Chair – Stand a chair together with your again to you in entrance of you. Put your hand on the chair for assist. Then raise the alternate foot and grasp the toe together with your hand.
- Yoga Strap – Hold a strap in entrance of you and produce it to the ground. Step on it together with your proper foot and cross the strap to type a loop across the foot. Pull the strap again to lift your foot. Hold the strap with each fingers and produce your foot behind your head. You also can stand behind the chair and lean on the again of the chair to stop it from falling ahead.
- Against a Wall – In Tadasana, stand in entrance of a wall, conserving your distance with one hand. Lift your proper leg and bend your knee to seize your foot and pull it again. Extend your left arm ahead and attain the wall together with your fingertips. Little by little, attempt to enhance the gap between the wall and also you. Beginners ought to do that modification to construct stability and confidence.
- Saral Natarajasana – Stand in Tadasana. Bend your proper knee and produce your foot again. Hold the raised ankle together with your proper hand. Pull your leg behind your physique so far as attainable. Raise your left arm ahead to succeed in up together with your thumb and forefinger and type jnana mudra.
- Natrajasana B. – After attaining the natarajasana together with your proper foot behind your head, pull your left arm backwards. Point up with each elbows and maintain your proper foot with each fingers. Keep pulling it to relaxation your foot on prime of your head and search for.
- Dancer pose mermaid variation – From Tadasana, bend your proper knee and maintain the foot behind your physique together with your proper hand. Bend your proper elbow to maneuver your foot out of your hand to the hump of your elbow. Lean ahead and on the identical time pull your leg up together with your proper arm. Raise your left arm ahead and bend your left elbow again to seize the fingers of your proper hand.
- Natarajasana II – Stand together with your proper leg bent on the knee and maintain your foot behind your physique together with your left hand. Bend ahead at your hips and hold your backbone upright. Reach the ground with the fingertips of your proper hand.
- Nantum Natarajasana – After holding your proper large toe behind your physique together with your proper hand, bend your proper elbow upwards. Lean ahead and hold your torso parallel to the ground.
- This swish posture requires stability and focus. Hence, it trains the mind and brings calm to the thoughts. This is the way it helps scale back stress.
- Practicing Katarajasana relieves the humpbacks within the again and stretches the shoulders, which improves posture.
- The stretch in Katarajasana is a hip opener. This corrects any misalignment or disruption of the hip. It is therapeutic for piriformis syndrome or ache within the buttocks space.
1. Improves leg energy
By intensely pulling the leg behind the again, the ankles, claves and thigh muscle mass are stretched. The quadriceps of the assist leg are additionally actively engaged to carry the pose. It strengthens the legs and improves their flexibility.
2. Tones the arms
The arm muscle mass are additionally stretched and skilled to carry out Katarajsana. It improves blood circulation to the arms and tones the arm muscle mass by shedding further layers of fats across the arms. Therefore gives tinted arms.
3. Stimulates the hip flexors
This asymmetrical posture can be helpful for the hip muscle mass. It stretches the hips and acts like an unbelievable hip opener. It ultimately will increase the flexibleness of the hip flexors.
4. Improves the flexibleness of the backbone
The backbone is principally skilled whereas holding the pose. The decrease again is stretched to increase the pure arch. The center and higher backbone can be lengthened. It expands the again muscle mass and extends the complete backbone from the crown of the top. Therefore improves the final flexibility.
5. Improves respiration capability
Natarjasana is carried out by bending ahead and reaching up, which opens the chest and shoulders. These actions increase the amount of the lungs and enhance respiration capability. Hence, the pose can be helpful for bettering the effectivity of the respiratory system.
6. Stimulates the core muscle mass
The core expands whereas doing Katarajasana. The stretch within the core muscle mass additionally stimulates the belly organs, improves digestion and tightens the stomach. Hence, reducing weight can be an vital asana.
7. Regulates metabolism
Natrajasana includes stretching the neck muscle mass. This prompts the thyroid and secretes thyroid hormones. It regulates the general metabolism of the physique.
8. Improves stability
The pose is carried out standing on one leg. All physique weight is shifted onto one leg and opens the mind, which improves focus. This helps in bettering physique stability.
Do natarajasana to beat all of your fears and expertise liberation. As nicely as working towards your physique and thoughts, observe this pose that can assist you overcome life's challenges with out dropping your footing.